So to me, trousers are basically pants that aren't jeans and aren't leggings.
Dictionary.com defines Trousers as:
Also called pants. a usually loose-fitting outer garment for the lower part of the body, having individual leg portions that reach typically to the ankle but sometimes to any of various other points from the upper leg down.
I've never realised until this challenge that my wardrobe really lacks a selection of trousers. However I do have two pairs of black work style trousers which are an essential in any wardrobe!
These black trousers I'm wearing are by City Chic but I thrifted them probably around a year ago.
Black trousers are great for so many things. They look professional if they need to and can be dressed up or down.
I wore this outfit to drop some resumes around to stores so I looked well dressed and not too professional yet not too casual.
• Maroon Invincible winner hi-lo knit || Harlow || I won this baby! Valued at $159
• Black trousers || City Chic || Opshopped for $5
• Black Boots || Emerson by Big W || $30
• Bag || Filippo Raphael || Opshopped for $5
• Necklace || Taking Shape 14+ || Free with over $80 purchases at TS14+ Abbotsford clearance centre
• Black double sided studs || Lovisa || $10
• Black scarf (tied together to form a loop) || Opshopped for $3
• 'Stay Out Late' Lipstick || ModelsPrefer || $9.99 at Priceline