Sunday 1 September 2013

Aussie Curves - LBD

So I don't really have a Little Black Dress (LBD) per say... not one I can just wear as it is. However a LBD is now on my must have shopping look out list and when I find one I like enough (for the right price) I will definitely rectify this situation!
 
I do have this LBD but it is not something I would wear on its own as it is too small for me in the top section; It's possibly a teenage girls dress!! I picked it up from an op shop for a couple of dollars a few years back and have used it so much I don't think it has much more wear left in it!
The reason I mention this LBD is that I love its versatility...minus the 'on its own part'. I basically use it as a skirt...

Because the top section is so tight I can basically pair any top with this dress and know it will fit, will look good and feel comfy as! Like in the picture above I have covered the top half with an op shopped old skool Big City Chic top. The top is fitted around the mid section and has a sheer black material with white flowers covering the bust area and the top of my arms. Not bad for $5!
 
If I feel as though I don't want to be all black I can slip on any number of other tops. This is one of me with my more recent City Chic peplum top that feels sooo good. It's like velvet and set me back $20 at the mid year sale. Oh and you can see a little peek of my Asos Curve Heart and bow suspender tights, my fake suspender stockings which make you feel so sexy!
 
If I wanted to just keep it simple and continue with the LBD look this $4 op shopped Target high cut cardigan (not sure what these are called...anyone know?) that just covers your bust section blends perfectly with the rest of the dress making it appear as I'm just wearing a simple long sleeved LBD.

Today I wanted to wear my Asos Curve fake suspender stockings to church to see what response I got. So I wore this $4 op shopped Natasha Gan top (anyone know this brand?) with my LBD and wore my beige-yellow boots to try and match the tan in the top. Doesn't look grand but I was comfy.
The response to my stockings wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be! The old ladies loved them, probably reminiscent of their own youths. However most people just thought they were [more] tattoos! Oh well, I still felt sexy, yes, sexy in church. And, No! That is not a sin. God made my body and he did a damn good job. He's proud so why shouldn't I be!




Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...





2 comments:

  1. Love the velvet peplum I nearly got that in the sales too but peplums sit funny and make me look bigger. you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ezmae! I love the CC peplums Im pretty lucky I think they are just right for my body height, shape etc.

      Delete