Sunday 25 August 2013

Restyle2013 - Week 4

It has been a crazy week for me! I was approved a rental property on Friday and have slowly started to move in over the week. I’m half done but still have a lot scattered over both places. At work I’ve had a huge sale on which has tripled my work load and because I’m going on holiday next week I have to get ahead on work so my fill in doesn’t get low on stock etc. So it’s been a little hectic every morning when I decide on what to wear for each prompt!
This weeks prompts were... 

 
Black and white was easy for me. I decided on this oversized top-become-dress I got for $5 or $6 in Geelong a while back. And I edited the picture to be black and white... because I could. 
This was a prompt I was dreading, mostly because I was unsure of what the term cocktail really meant. I always thought it was supposed to be a 3/4 dress but basically it can be any length just as long as it is styled as semi formal. Yes I googled it a while ago. Dictionary.com defines cocktail as: "styled for semiformal wear".
On this particular day I slept in and had to rush getting dressed. I just chucked on this purple city chic dress that cost me $20 which I thought was the closest thing I had to 'cocktail'. When I got to work I realised that the dress was from eBay, not an op shop. So I grabbed a cocktail glass from the bric-a-brac room of the op shop I work in and used it as a 50c op shop prop for the prompt cocktail. Afterwards of course I remembered that my belt was $2 from an op shop!
As soon as I saw  the word 'statement' I knew it would have to be a statement necklace. I used my 50c op shopped necklace that I thought was big enough to make quite a statement, however it made hardly any statement compared to some of the other necklaces I saw on Instagram! Mine was tiny compared to some. 
Due to my crazy week I have been trying to plan for the day ahead of me. I made sure I dressed ‘business like’ but when I was just about to go out the door I realised the business skirt I had based my outfit around wasn’t purchased from an op shop... which is the whole point of this challenge. So I grabbed another skirt I had bought for $4 a couple of weeks earlier for this prompt but had forgot about when trying to plan ahead. I also used a pair of $1 vintage silhouette glasses I still had in my bag that I had purchased the previous day as I thought they would go well in my dress up box...plus I really like to wear glasses...even though I don’t need them.
I had bought a bag especially for this prompt but because I’m half way through moving it is, of course, at the other house. So instead I snapped up a gorgeous vintage metallic bag from my work, an op shop to use in my pic...only $5 anyone??
You would think shoes would be an easy prompt but no. I have too many op shopped shoes to choose from. I eventually decided to show my four favourites.
 
Top left is my gorgeous leather boots from the brand 'bÆrn'. A Polish (I think) exchange student donated them to the op shop as they wouldn’t fit in her suitcase and I was quick to swipe them up! They are so comfy but I find the colour hard to match with the majority of my clothes. Top right is a $6 pair of Diana Ferrari shoes I got from Vinnies in Melbourne and I love them, they were practically new too! Bottom left is my purple novo heels that are a great heel to have especially considering I own a lot of purple clothing. Bottom right is a cheaper pair of rivers shoes. They were given to my mum who passed them on to the op shop, in which again I was quick to snap them up for $4! They are so comfy and cushiony so I can wear them all day at work!
 
...and lucky last for this week of Restyle2013 is 'Bow' on day 25. This cute MIMCO bow hair clip was op shopped for only $2!

Next week, the last week has a couple of tricky ones. Under $5 could be anything so that will be fine. Cuffed?? Um I'm not sure what I'll do for that yet...Jungle fever will be interested and outfit to donate back!?! If I didn't want it I would've donated it back already!
 
You'll have to read my blog next week to see what I do...or follow me on Instagram.

Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment