Saturday 13 July 2013

Aussie Curves - Colour Clash

So I've always thought of the word 'clash' as meaning things that don't agree with one another which it does...but as with most words in our terribly confusing language it has multiple meanings. Another interpretation of the word clash is to come together or collide. I'm choosing to focus on the 'come together' interpretation.
I've put together some BLACK and BROWN because up until now I have always considered these colours as a major no no together...because of that stupid rule... you know the one? like the "blue and green should never be seen without a colour in between" rule. 
I think it looks good. It is definitely a colour combination that I will use again. Those 'rules' are definitely out-dated. My opinion is that fashion is similar to art. There are no rules, you just have to be able to give valid reasoning or interpretation for what your doing.
Brown City Chic Singlet - $5
Skirt - Op Shopped for $4.50
Steve Madden boots - Op Shopped for $10!
Nena Perrill Necklace
Gold Bangles - Op Shopped for a couple of dollars.



A HUGE thanks to all the girls at Aussie Curves for giving me the inspiration to venture into this new area to hopefully increase my self confidence, my self image and to empower others who are in pursuit of the same things.

 



2 comments:

  1. Black and brown really are such a great combination if you let them be. Love this.

    And you're SO welcome. Glad you decided to join in the fun and that it has improved your confidence! AWESOME. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. think Im gonna have to figure out how to nominate you and Dani for women of the year! :P

      Delete